The beauty of this recipe is how adaptable it is. I usually have most of the ingredients on hand to throw together. This meal can be done in half an hour and dinner will be delicious.
If you have time, you can cook up chicken breasts yourself and slice them or precook chicken the night before, or use leftover chicken off the bone. You can also chop and cook fresh vegetables, and use homemade pasta. Or, to make it even quicker, use premade cheese sauce and tinned chicken.
- Chicken strips
- 3-4 cups fresh Spinach
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 1 pack Ravioli
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½-1 teaspoon Ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Grated cheese
- Get the water on for the pasta
- Defrost chicken strips
- Put mixed vegetables in microwave safe bowl (to defrost and warm slightly)
- Dice tomato
- Measure out cream, chicken stock and cheese.
- Put chicken into a pan with a bit of oil so you can brown the chicken. Add garlic powder, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- As chicken mix starts to stick to pan, pour in the chicken stock.
- Once heated through, add tomato and mixed vegetables.
- Add cream and grated cheese.
- When everything is heated though and the cheese has melted add the spinach, stir until wilted. To thicken, keep on heat until the sauce reduces a bit.
- Add ravioli (or whatever pasta you chose).
- Mix everything together, and serve.
Choose grated cheese of your choice and fresh tomato.
Add lots of fresh spinach. Frozen works too.
After cooking chicken and adding stock add the chopped tomato and mixed vegetables.
Add cream and grated cheese mix and stir gently until cheese is melted and sauce thickens.
Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Add cooked ravioli and gently stir until covered with sauce.
Finished dish ready to serve. A hearty and quick week night meal.